Vegemite Beer Bread
Posted by PAS on 3 February 2009
I should have posted this on Australia Day (when we made it), but I haven’t got around to it until now.
Aussie Vegemite Beer Bread
- 3 cups of self-rising (raising?) flour
- 1 beer (375mL can or 12oz bottle)
- 1 big knife-load of Vegemite
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Left over butter
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C)
- Lightly grease a small bread tin (about 9 x 5 x 3 inches) with the butter
- Get a big mixing bowl, tip in all the flour, add the beer and mix it up. We have found a whisk useless, but a spatula quite good
- If you like parmesan cheese as much as us, add as much grated parmesan to the mix as you wish
- Add the mix to the bread tin.
- Load up a knife with vegemite and run it through the mix – the vegemite will come of the knife and marble through the dough
- Bake for 60 minutes
- If you didn’t get your cheese fill, at the 40 minute mark, take the bread tin out, and sprinkle grated cheese on top of the bread
- After 60 minutes, you should be able to put a skewer into the bread and have it come out clean. Let the bread cool a little, cut and eat as fast as possible :-)
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.